Skyscanner, a leading international flight ticketing search engine, recently published a list of top 10 holiday hotspots for 2015 by conducting analysis of millions of flight searches from the past years and combining it with qualitative researches on latest consumer trends.
Siem Reap in Cambodia tops the list with a 33% increase in searches. Angkor Wat is quickly becoming a hot destination for international travelers. Rapid growth in high end and budget hotels has made Siem Reap a popular choice for both luxury travellers and bag-packers.
More than 55% international tourists fly to Cambodia, arriving at the international airports in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, while the other 40% travel by road, from Bangkok to Siem Reap and from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh being the most popular entry routes. CamboTicket.com aims to further spur the growth in tourism by making road travel in Cambodia easier by providing transparent and reliable bus travel information to the tourists and allowing them to book bus tickets online on 30+ routes, including Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and vice versa, from multiple bus operators.
Here is the full list of top 10 holiday hotspots for 2015
1) Siem Reap, Cambodia (33% increase in searches)
2) Fort Lauderdale, Florida (32% increase in searches)
3) Mykonos, Greece (31% increase in searches
4) Brazil (26% increase in searches)
5) Australia’s Gold Coast (18% increase in searches)
6) Taipei, Taiwan (16% increase in searches)
7) Nicaragua, Central America (13% increase in searches)
8) Seoul, South Korea (12% increase in searches)
9) Colombo, Sri Lanka (12% increase in searches)
10) Panama, Central America (12% increase in searches)