Alternative places for Bangkok Nightlife
You like to visit Bangkok and experiment the city’s vibrant nightlife but you are starting to get a bit tired of the typical tourist bars in Khao San road?
We totally understand you and have the perfect solution for it. Here are some ideas of where to go within the many alternative places to go out and experience a different vibe of Bangkok nightlife!
The colourfulness of Bangkok by night.
2. Where to start
If you want to start slow with a relaxed vibe, 342 bar on the other side of the river may be a great option. You can take a cheap ferry to cross it and head to 342 Soi Wat Rakhang. This rooftop bar has one of the best views over the riverside of Bangkok. The Grand Palace and other temples such as Wat Arun, all lighted by night, are definitely a treat for the eye while you are sipping a cocktail.
3. Some down to earth options
For more hipster and down-to-earth options, some options include –
- Shades of Retro bar on Thong Lo Soi 18
- Coco Walk near Ratchathewi BTS station even has a skate park inside!
- WTF bar on Sukhumvit soi 51, also being an art gallery.
- Sky Train Jazz Club, a rooftop with a cool ‘artsy’ vibe near the Victory Monument.
- Jerdjarus bar on Pra Arthit road, very close to Khao San road, perfect for the laid back and non pretentious atmosphere.
4. Thai Clubs
All these places have an interesting mixed crowd, definitely offering a lot of opportunities to meet local people. Brick bar on Khao San road is an interesting venue to meet Thai people with live music. For the ones looking for rock, head to JJ Green or The Rock Pub, and
5. Hippie options
For a more hippie and cozy atmosphere, try the Hippie De Bar also nearby Khao San road. On the other side, if what you are looking for is a proper night of dancing with good quality electronic music, the Glow is the place to be. It is an underground electronic nightclub on Sukhumvit Soi 23.
6. Prefer eating over partying?
But if your thing is more eating than drinking, we highly advise you to go beyond the Pad Thai and try some of the delicacies of the unique Thai cuisine. Here’s a list of the things to try it out –
- Jin Jun a kind of hot pot typical from Isaan province.
- Tom Yum spicy seafood soup.
- Som Tam (papaya salad)
- Kanom Jin (a traditional curry)
- Kapao (minced meat with spices)
- Poo Pad Pongali (yellow curry with crab)
- Gang Keow Wan (the famous Thai green curry)
- Yam Plah Duk Foo (fluffy cat fish)
- Guay Teow Lui Suan (a Vietnamese dish also typical in Bangkok)
- Kai Jiew Moo Sap (Thai omelet)
- And, of course, mango with sticky rice for dessert!
We wish a lot of fun in your nights in the crazy city of Bangkok, exploring some alternative venues and meeting people beyond the backpacker crowds usually found on Khao San road. Have a look on CamboTicket website for options on how to get there!